Customer Care Executive
Working for Howden Life and Health couldn’t be better. Our site based on Gloucester Business Park offers a fresh modern space with fantastic facilities on the doorstep, easily accessed by public transport and with plenty of on-site car parking available too. We offer flexibility in hours and location with the option to work from home 3 days per week. When you are working from the office, you can take advantage of our wellbeing events and options which are regularly ran from the office and have included flu vaccination clinics, outdoor Pilates, back and posture assessments along with free healthy snacks. like to socialise?? We run regular funded social activities along with our annual Summer and Christmas events.
We are a Life and Health Insurance Broker. we take pride in offering an unrivalled service to our clients and partners. We continue to grow and having recently taken on a new contract creating several opportunities available across the business including our highly regarded and client focused Customer Care team.
We are looking for people who can demonstrate the right attributes and behaviours for this role rather than relevant industry experience. If you have a passion to help people, you are organised and have a great eye for detail this role could be for you. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who is looking for a new challenge or change in industry and wants to start a career within financial services. Your input will assist in maximising revenue for the company by retaining existing clients and identifying new business opportunities.
Basic Salary of £22,500 per annum
Paid qualifications and an automatic £1,000 gross annual salary increase when you have completed your Cert CII Qualification
- Clear career progression structure
- Pension scheme
- Death in Service Life Insurance
- Subsidised Private Medical Insurance
- Option to work 3 days from home a week plus your 1 in 4 saturday shift
- 23 days holiday, rising to 25 with service (plus public holidays)
- Increased maternity/paternity pay with service
- Regular paid social events are enjoyed here, discounted gym membership, retail discounts scheme.
- Perk Box – High Street Savings, Discounted Memberships and Freebies.
- Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual Wellbeing Schedule – On-site Health Checks, Reflexology and Dietician
- First class sales and customer service skills
- Persuasive communicator with the ability to listen to and assess client’s needs and translate into business opportunities.
- Flexibility and adaptability and the ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills and the ability to manage own workload
- Takes accountability for own performance and initiates improvements when required
- Undertake ‘welcome calls’ to clients to ensure they are happy with their purchase, have received insurer documentation and to explain value added benefits included in their policy
- Research and communicate up to date policy renewal information ensuring all clients receive the most appropriate advice and service relating to their insurance needs
- Retain existing business at policy renewal
- Contact clients who have cancelled a policy or are in default and look to resolve any issues in order for them to keep their policy or convert into new sales
- Respond to queries from both clients and insurers in a pro-active manner
- Identify and respond to all up-sell and cross-sell opportunities
- Learn and retain detailed product knowledge
- Any additional responsibilities or duties required by the business
- Champion and drive a strong culture of compliance and regulatory principles such as Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)
- Take responsibility for own personal development in terms of understanding the business, regulation and the insurance industry, acting in accordance with current regulatory procedures, keeping up to date with any changes and sharing this knowledge with colleagues
- As an employee you are required to be aware of the Assured Futures data protection policy and in particular your obligation to keep all data safe. The policy requires you as an employee to comply with the provisions of the Assured Futures data protection policy and for you to ask for clarification on any point that is not understood